Thank you to all those who attended, from the Boorhaman community, the NE region and other cities and towns, making this event such a vibrant and successful day!
Please see below for some documentation images.
We were also thrilled to promote the day on ABC Goulburn Murray radio, you can listen to the interview here:
Join artists Chaco Kato and Dylan Martorell, with residency co-directors Kate Hill and Eugene Howard, in a day-long opportunity to view and interact with works from the artist’s time in Boorhaman.
Held on the grounds of the old Boorhaman Primary School, the day will include artist talks, conversations, picnics and opportunities to interact with and contribute to the artist’s works, across a relaxed afternoon. This event is suitable for all ages.
- 10am - 10:30am | Welcome to Country, under the Lemon Scented Gum *
- 10:30am - 12:30 midday | Informal artist talks + introductions to site and works on site *
- 12:30am - 1:30pm | Lunch - Free sausage sizzle and sandwiches
- 1.30pm - 6pm | Dylan Martorell: performance + public interaction with sculptures
- 1.30pm - 6pm | Weaving with Chaco Kato
- 1.30pm - 6pm | School games (soccer, 4 square, tug of war etc)
WHEN: Saturday 7th October
VENUE: Boorhaman Primary School, Boorhaman LOCATION: 1548 Boorhaman Road, Boorhaman (3678)
ACCESS: The school grounds are accessible by wheelchair (the ground is that of a slightly rough rural sporting oval) the event is held outside and there are all-gender toilets available in proximity to the installations.
RSVP NOW: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All talks including artist talks and Welcome to Country are Auslan interpreted.